Thread: The 10-6 Mock
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012   #10
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The 10-6 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The Texans OL is one of the best in the NFL .... I can see spending one high pick there but not two .... pushing WR down to the 3rd round when this is the biggest need on the roster.
I could probably be convinced to take two OL in the top three picks but .... not the top two consecutively.
While the Texans OL has been good, I don't think it has been as good as people think. When the Offense has faced stout DLs, the offense has had difficulty. Look at Baltimore, Pitt, and Oakland. The team scored 20 points or less and even struggled against Miami. Then with a rook QB and no AJ, they struggled against Atl and Cincy. To compete for championships, the O line has to get better and be able to move and score tds against the best Defenses. Adding two very good OL to just that.

WR is a concern, but OL is a bigger one in my mind. I actually see the Texans getting a pretty good receiver in FA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Size at 5'11" 185? He's nowhere near AJ size - he's 6'3" 225.

I'll agree with his hands , speed and route running but he lacks size.

Its going to be real hard to guage where Broyles goes due to the injuries.

Those injury concers and valid .... and with this being the Texans biggest need Im not comfortable taking a guy recovering from a serious injury to his wheels .... when his wheels are his money maker.
If he is healthy come the combine and hasnt lost any speed or change of direction .... I might change my opinion. But if thats the case he probably goes long before the Texans pick late in the 3rd round.

Dont know a whole lot about the rest of these guy's.
I think you misunderstood me. I did not say that Broyles has size. I said that very good wrs have hands , speed, route running, football intelligence, and size. If you get all of those factors you wind up with AJ. But, as we all know, Andre Johnson type players don't fall into the third round. Therefore I was saying we should get a guy who has as many of those factors as possible (knowing we can't get all of them). I chose Broyles becuase he has hands , speed, route running, and football intelligence. I completely agree he does not have the size.

And he tore his ACL which usually requires 7-9 months to be ready to go. Surgery was in mid November so he will be ready to go by July or September, so he will not be running at the combine or his pro day. That said, I would take a chance on him. He has been a very dependable receiver at OU and has never had major injury concerns before.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote