Thread: The 10-6 Mock
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The 10-6 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Life caught up with me in the last few weeks and I was unable to get my weekly mocks done. Part of it was personal issues other was work. That said, I finally have had enough time to put my mock together. I wanted to do it before the Juniors declared.

1. D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama, 66, 335, 5.10

This is pick allows upgrades at OT and OG since it would kick Winston into the OG spot. I think this year we have finally seen Winston get exposed. Put him up against a speedy DE/OLB and he is toast. With a league moving more towards passing and speedy quick OTs it is clear that Winston needs to be moved to OG where his strength is better utilized. Winston as an OG is an instant upgrade to Brisel.

2. Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin, 64, 312lbs, 5.21
Oh yes I did. I have now solidified the O line with a VERY good OG. He has done a fantastic job at Wisconsin and would also be able to start from day 1 over Smith. He has the strength to take on those big DTs and is also an excellent run blocker. With these 2 draft moves, I have completely rejuvinated the Texans O-line.

Brown--Zeitler--Myers--Winston--Fluker---

The Texans OL is one of the best in the NFL .... I can see spending one high pick there but not two .... pushing WR down to the 3rd round when this is the biggest need on the roster.
I could probably be convinced to take two OL in the top three picks but .... not the top two consecutively.

Quote:
3. Ryan Broyles, WR/PR, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, 511, 185, 4.46
A great WR has size, hands, route running, speed, and football intelligence. If you get all 5 attributes you wind up with an Andre Johnson

Size at 5'11" 185? He's nowhere near AJ size - he's 6'3" 225.

I'll agree with his hands , speed and route running but he lacks size.

Its going to be real hard to guage where Broyles goes due to the injuries.

Those injury concers and valid .... and with this being the Texans biggest need Im not comfortable taking a guy recovering from a serious injury to his wheels .... when his wheels are his money maker.
If he is healthy come the combine and hasnt lost any speed or change of direction .... I might change my opinion. But if thats the case he probably goes long before the Texans pick late in the 3rd round.

Dont know a whole lot about the rest of these guy's.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote