Thread: The 10-6 Mock
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012   #4
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The 10-6 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
1&2. I have no problem with the first 2 picks, this is a good year, not great, for O-linemen, and a move like this would give us a major shot of youth and talent on the O-line solidifying it for years to come. I think these first 2 picks nullify the need for #6 though. With the first 2 picks we'd get alot better at RT, RG, and in our depth as our current starters would be moved down to depth spots, Caldwell, Brisiel, and Smith would vastly improve our depth on the O-line. I seriously doubt something like this happens since Kubiak seems to be in love with Winston at RT, but if it did I'd support it. Fluker is a sophomore though so he probably goes back to school next year.
3. Broyles in the 3rd, Hmmmm? I guess this would depend on who's available. I think there might be someone better and less injured available in the 3rd since this is such a deep draft for WR, someones bound to fall a little. I'd hope for Streeter, Fuller, Criner, Toon, White, Jenkins, or Randle here.
4. Reyes, not a bad pick if he's still available. He'd add some rotational depth behind Antonio Smith. This is a weak year for D-linemen so he may go earlier just out of necessity to some teams.
5. Fangupo, I'm not very familiar with him but I think your right on the round since he's a developmental player. He's got the size but does he have the strength and athleticism?
6. See 1&2. I'd pick different here but that's just nitpicking.
7. Sharp, again not familiar with this guy but I like your line of thinking. I don't understand why more kickers aren't doing double duty in the NFL at K and P.

1/2. I have no idea what Fluker does. He could stay in school or go to the pros. At the moment he is a fringe first, but he will wow people at the combine. If he declares he will be a first rounder. OTs that big that move that well don't come often. But yeah, Kubes probably would never move his boy Winston.

3. I think Broyles gives great value at his spot. He tore his ACL but that was his only injury in college(that I am aware). None of the other WRs you mentioned gives the same combo that Broyles does. He has the ever important game breaking speed that this team needs. I am not impressed at all with Jeff Fuller: great measurable but mediocre NFL player. Reminds me of Limas Sweed. Streeter is interesting but pretty raw with route running. Toon is a solid player, but doesn't have the speed(reminds me of a Kevin Walter). Jenkins is a great player but doesn't have PR speed. Criner looks solid as does White.

4. Wasn't really sure where to go in the 4th. Seemed to me that the team has plenty of OLB but was lacking in DE depth.

5. You are right, he simply doesn't have the ability to play yet. Give Wade a year or two with him and he could be a solid DL depth player, right now he isn't there. Plus think about his age.

6. I hear you, but we have seen the backup C hike the ball WAY over Delhomme's head last weekend. Is that the kind of depth you want? Not me. Austin would have hiked it over the head of Yao Ming had Yao been the QB. What I like about T-Bob is he has played C in the tough SEC and done fine. If you can play OL in the SEC, you are good to go in the NFL.

7. As we get to the point where teams need to carry extra players, I think you will begin to see more K/P combos. With so many injuries, it is better to carry an extra position player than an extra kicker. I also think the days of the sole long snapper is heading to an end as well. Gotta be versatile these days with so few roster spots.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote