View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012   #71
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: TJ Yates or Delhomme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I just heard Charlie Palilo mention on his radio show that Delhomme's last playoff game saw him turn the ball over 6 times! Yikes! Not the guy I want to see tossing the ball in our first playoff game. I'll take my chances with the rookie, who at least proved something or another a few weeks ago when they clinched the AFCS.
Yeah, but I also think that being away from the game for a year MIGHT have slowed his brain down a bit.

He always came across to me, toward the end of his time as a starter, as being a guy who was forcing stuff out of sheer impatience and wanting to make things happen NOW! He looked more calm, more patient, to me this past Sunday.

That one play where he hung in the pocket, hung in the pocket, hung in the pocket and then delivered a strike downfield? THAT was the early Delhomme years to me. For the most part, he was putting the ball almost right into the hands of his targets. He got drilled one time and still completed it to Casey, IIRC. Another time, he was targeting a WR and the defender wildly stabbed at the ball and barely deflected it enough before it reached the WR's hands--It was just great defense by the CB on that play.

On a high throw to Jacoby, man oh man I was impressed that Jacoby actually was in position to make the jump AND the catch but didn't come down with it. There was nobody behind JJ on that play, so there's no chance at interception...and the only one who would have caught that ball was Jacoby.