View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012   #69
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: TJ Yates or Delhomme?

The original question was Yates or Delhomme in the playoffs, but I think there are two separate questions worth asking.

1) Yates or Delhomme against Cincy?
2) Yates or Delhomme in the playoffs?

I say that because I think both QBs are capable of beating Cincy.
QB play will obviously be important in this game, but it becomes way more critical on the road against Baltimore, and hopefully later against NE or Pittsburgh (not so much at home against Denver *cough *cough).

As to question #1 above, I'm going with Yates, because I think both QBs bring different things to the table that can help beat the Bengals. If I think both QBs can get the job done in round one, I have to go with the guy with upside. I need to see how he performs in the spotlight when the pressure is on.

Question #2 depends on how Yates plays on Saturday.

I don't think there is any conceivable way Delhomme can beat the Ravens, but with TJ's upside, we might have a chance if we catch lightning in a bottle.
Basically, versus the Ravens, you have to go with the guy with potential, when you know the known commodity (Delhomme) isn't going to get it done, IMO.
Of course, playing TJ against the Ravens would be predicated on him playing well against the Bengals. But the assumption is that TJ would have to have played well against the Bengals in order to advance, anyway...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote