View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012   #62
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: TJ Yates or Delhomme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I think it's just a matter of each QB being on opposite ends of their careers. Jake was pretty much retired when he got the call. Dude wasn't even working out to compete for a job at the time. I think I heard that he had just returned from a trip to Disney with his family when he got called.

TJ is obviously a rookie, but his upside is greater simply because we don't know what he's got for a ceiling and he's much more mobile. Plus, he's more familiar with this offense, both in terms of his college career and his time with the team.
I agree with pretty much everything you said there, including TJ's celing... I also agree about the mobility, except that from what i saw Sunday I'd prefer Delhomme's pocket presence over TJ's mobility... It's something TJ will probably improve at over time...

But we're talking about four days from now, not four or even two seasons from now... I'd probably go with TJ over Jake this Saturday, for one of the same reasons you gave:,7 experience in this system...also his experience with the parts within the system... But i can't say it's because i value a rookie third string practice squad QB more than a street vet... I just don't think that because he was on a team and Delhomme wasn't means he's the better option "right now"... Both were at the bottom...

Appreciate the back-and-forth...rep to you...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote