View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012   #60
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: TJ Yates or Delhomme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
I get that, but he's still a 5th round draft pick and a rookie who needs development, which is why he was a 3rd string QB, behind Matt Leinhart who hadn't done much better than Delhomme his previous go...

Not arguing for Delhomme over Yates, I've just heard and seen your point about Delhomme a few times and i just don't feel it means much when comparing him to a 3rd string, practice squad quarterback, which is one step away from the curb...
I think it's just a matter of each QB being on opposite ends of their careers. Jake was pretty much retired when he got the call. Dude wasn't even working out to compete for a job at the time. I think I heard that he had just returned from a trip to Disney with his family when he got called.

TJ is obviously a rookie, but his upside is greater simply because we don't know what he's got for a ceiling and he's much more mobile. Plus, he's more familiar with this offense, both in terms of his college career and his time with the team.