View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012   #58
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Yates was third string QB on the roster because he's a late round rookie. This team did not need a starting QB, so they picked him up for development. Somebody would have drafted TJ in the next couple of rounds. We have already read the news stories.

Delhomme was not employed because he is not that good now. Otherwise, he'd be on someone's roster as a backup. It's not rocket science here. The Texans were desperate and took whatever they could get.
I get that, but he's still a 5th round draft pick and a rookie who needs development, which is why he was a 3rd string QB, behind Matt Leinhart who hadn't done much better than Delhomme his previous go...

Not arguing for Delhomme over Yates, I've just heard and seen your point about Delhomme a few times and i just don't feel it means much when comparing him to a 3rd string, practice squad quarterback, which is one step away from the curb...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote