View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012   #53
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: TJ Yates or Delhomme?

Is it because of his TD drive at the end of the game we're making Delhomme's performance seem better than it actually was? I think he was solid, and he performed better than I expected, but he didn't have such a good game to make me start to think we should start him over Yates.

Take a look again at the offense's performance while he was in. 45% of the time we went 3 & out. In actuality, he only drove the offense down the field in one series (Series 7). The big play in series 4 was a penalty, and series 5 was due to the long run by Tate. I give him alot of credit for the last drive, but it did start on the TEN 36.

Series 1
3 & out

Series 2
3 & out

Series 3
Delhomme fumble

Series 4
52 yard FG
3-4 for 31 yards, big play was an unneccessary roughness penalty

Series 5
37 yard FG
Mostly due to the Tate 56 yard run. Delhomme completed one screen pass for 9 yards.

Series 6
3 & out

Series 7
Rackers 22 yard FG
3-4 for 60 yards

Series 8
3 & out

Series 9
3 & out

Series 10
Nice 40 yard completion to Johnson, but went 3 & out right after that.

Series 11
Nice drive to get game winning TD, but he actually only had to go 36 yards

Now I'm not trying to take anything away from Delhomme's performance, I think he played solid. But he didn't have such a great performance that we should start him over our starter of the past 5 weeks and been with us the whole season.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote