View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012   #44
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: TJ Yates or Delhomme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Kind of a silly argument when you consider TJ had played 0 quarters of football when we handed the keys to him. Besides you make it sound as if Delhomme is a career backup or a rookie himself. Delhomme has tons of game and playoff experience.

You might also want to keep in mind the Bengals were missing key players in their secondary when TJ carved them up during those last two drives. Allot more tape on TJ now and those missing players will be back in the lineup now.

Check out a few of the records Delhomme holds.
  • Tied for most post-season road victories by a quarterback in NFL history (tied with Len Dawson, Roger Staubach, Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco)
  • Longest pass in the Super Bowl in NFL History (85 yard pass to Mushin Muhammad) (SB XXXVIII)

I think people are voting with their hearts not their head IMO, and I can understand why. Great young kid who will forever have a place in our hearts after the Falcons and Bengals games. Everyone roots for the underdog and in this case I can definitely understand why.

There is no question it is Yates that will start, but if he is not getting it done by halftime, I think Kubiak has to give him the hook.

We will see. Is it Saturday yet?!

Mark Sanchez I'm in!

My big concern with Jake is based on recent history.
- He was dreadful in his last couple of seasons with Carolina
- He was ushered out of Cleveland in leiu of Colt McCoy. I'll give him a flier there, as he probably was not considered the future of that franchise.
- He's only played one game this season and looked OK, but could have looked worse... almost as he played worse than his stats would indicate.

On the flip side, when I try to look at positives of his recent history... I simply draw a blank.

I feel overall, given the options in this poll, TJ gives you more of a methodical approach on offense, while Jake is more of a Gunslinger out there for one last hoorah.

Given that TJ is way more inline with how this offense is built, I has to be TJ for me, as he's already proven that he CAN win a tough game.

I'm like tex though.... I don't have a whole lot of optimism on this team's prognosis of getting to the superbowl on the shoulders of either man.