View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004   #11
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I don't believe Coleman was ever regarded as a shut down corner. In fact many teams tended to challenge him over Glenn on most plays. I wouldn't say that we lack depth in the secondary. I think Faggins, Wright provide excellent depth provided Wright is healthy. I don't think DC or CC is concerned with the depth at CB either seeing as how they recently released Eric Kelly who was a nickle back for the Minnesota Vikings last season. The Vikings defense led the NFL in getting turnovers last season. If you let a guy like Kelly go that shows that you have pretty good depth. However, if you're still concerned about Robinson then Coleman said something in an interview that will ease your concerns. He mentioned that the coaches told him he'd still be used at CB at times along with being the FS for the team. I imagine that in perhaps nickle or dime packages he'd shift down to CB and McCree would come in at FS. I must echo the sentiment that when you see Robinson play you will be pleasantly surprised with his hitting ability. He'll get burned once in awhile, but even the best corners get burned every now and then.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote