View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: TJ Yates or Delhomme?

This is a tougher call than I thought it would be.
T.J.
+ Been in the offense longer; should know it better
+ Younger and likely a bit faster if he has to run
- Is a bit dinged up and I worry if that will affect his longer/deeper throws
- Doesn't always keep his eyes downfield when avoiding the rush

Jake
+ More playoff experience (went toe-to-toe with Brady in the 2003 SB; threw for 330+ yds, 3 TDs, no INTs)
+ Appears to keep the play alive longer than TJ by moving around in the pocket. Keeps eyes downfield while so doing
- Not here long enough to know the whole playbook. Don't want our offense any more limited than it is
- Accuracy could be a shade better; I saw a couple of balls thrown behind folks. ...but that could be rust.

I think I would give the edge to TJ just because of his additional experience in our offense. But I wouldn't be too skeerd if Jake had to come in off the bench. I'm probably alone in this but liked what I saw from Jake more than what I saw from Leinart. ...and Leinart had 1st-stringers to throw to.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote