View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012   #27
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF
Default Re: How Will Our Season Play Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
and Cincy has YET to beat a playoff team this year, 1-6 against winning teams and backed into the playoffs because Tim Tebow remembered he is Tim Tebow...

guess you failed to look up that little tid bit of factual info...

but you go ahead and keep your "realist" I mean hater attitude...
That is indeed a vital fact and I thank you for pointing it out to me. It does make me feel a little better about our chances, but just a little. You see, if we are going to talk that kind of factual information , let's....
The 2-14 Colts didn't beat a single play-off team all year, until Christmas day. And let's see, who was that play-off team?? Oh yeah, it was us...
Same kind of fact or statistic if you will.
Statistics don't win football games. They are a nice measuring stick of performance at times though, I'll grant you.
Now I know that the Colts are not in the play-offs so we don't have to worry about them. And I know that we have already beaten the Bengals once this year ( just like we had previously drubbed the Colts and Titans before recent losses to them) , but none of that means this team is going to either win or lose next week.
What I have seen from the Texans that makes me think we are one and done is that the old culture of losing , along with key injuries seems to have crept back in. I'm trying really hard not to mention that Kubiak looks like he is back to playing not to lose as well. Some folks think he has this genius master plan. I just laugh and think,"Yeah, it is the master coach outsmarting himself again by trying to be the smartest guy in the room."
BTW, I don't get butt hurt when folks who believe themselves to be better fans call me a hater. I know I'm not. I just don't like how I see this team trending or rather, NOT peaking at a time when they need to be playing well. Momentum does mean something in the play-offs and the Texans have none right now. Sorry but that is my opinion, and that is what the poll asked.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote