View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012   #48
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So, we’re back to jumping on Gary Kubiak again? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with the hater threads, if it would have came during the winning streak. Especially the Atlanta & Cincinnati game.

There were several reasons during that game to explain why the game went the way it did. Other than the first 15 plays, Gary only has an idea of how the game is going to play out. Other than that, he handles each situation as they come up.... just like you would.

We threw on first down, we threw on second down & we threw on 3rd down. A bigger problem (I think) than our 1-10 3rd down conversions, is the fact that we couldn't gain more than 2 yards on 1st down, or 2nd down 10 times to put us in those 3rd & longs...

We weren't staying on schedule & we weren't protecting our QB.

By protecting our young QB I mean we weren't running the ball well or playing good defense. If we can run the ball well, if we can play good defense, if we can stay on schedule, we can let Tj play.

If not, we're going to protect the lead. If we're trailing, we're going to ask Tj to step up.

We're going to win as a team. That gives us the best chance to go deep in the play-offs.

I don't like criticizing anybody during winning streaks. It comes off as just trolling and trying to get attention and ruining everyone's fun. Right?

So when the losing begins, it's OK to discuss problems...even the problems we saw during the good times but didn't want to rain on any parades at the time.

I honestly think the team took a 2-week vacation. The celebration after the Bengals game, the surgery with Wade Phillips, etc. To me, there was a going-through-the-motions attitude we haven't seen all season long until these past two games. Correction: In the Colts game, JJ Watt was a beast and it stung to see him get tagged over and over for penalties when he was perhaps the only one out there getting the work done consistently for us. It was like getting salt rubbed into a wound.

This game suddenly becomes a bit like the Bengals game. You need to win, IMO, to gain momentum AND to keep the last remaining AFC South team from getting into the playoffs. The last thing we want is to have won the division but to let the Titans into the playoffs and risk them beating us. That would suck.