View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012   #7
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans. 1/1. Noon. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

From NBC's Profootball Talk...

Quote:
Titans at Texans
Florio’s take: Technically, it’s a meaningless game for the Texans. But with two ugly losses in a row, the AFC South champs need to build some confidence and momentum before the postseason begins. Though Tennessee still has a shot at the postseason, they’re not ready to beat a quality-yet-flawed team on the road.
Florio’s pick: Texans 24, Titans 16.

Rosenthal’s take: I believe Gary Kubiak when he says he’ll play this game like any other. The Texans don’t want to hit the playoffs on a three-game losing streak. T.J. Yates needs his defense and running game to carry him. They will on Sunday.
Rosenthal’s pick: Texans 21, Titans 17.
I'm not convinced Yates can exceed the 16-17 pts/game he's been averaging. Unless the Foster/Tate combo has a big game we won't win.

That has nothing to do with Kubiak's conservatism but Yates' what I see as hesitancy to make mistakes and thereby let his teammates down. The youngster has yet to learn to keep his eyes downfield while moving around in the pocket. Check out the AFC playbook video here... They all picked the Titans to win; I sure hope they're wrong.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote