View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011   #46
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: So, we’re back to jumping on Gary Kubiak again? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
In an attempt to get back on topic and avoid having the thread locked down due to trolling, I will attempt to get it back on topic. Here goes:

It's easy to jump on GK because he rarely offers any glimpse into what he was doing or why he handled games the way he did. He plays his cards close to his chest, and even though sometimes he sheds light upon facets of the just-played game...it's a rarity.

Can't blame the guy for staying mum on his strategies.

However, what's frustrating is that the two losses are in a sort of vacuum, IMO.

So many questions to answer:

Is the team just flat out tired from enduring all the season's worth of trials and tribulations?

Have teams figured us out, now that we don't have Schaub and don't have AJ to factor into the equation?

Was Kubiak trying to play it safe in the two games, especially the Colts game?

Is TJ Yates the one scaling things back for whatever reason(s)?

Are the two losses just an anomaly to the previous 7-game winning streak?

Wade Phillips had surgery, and was that a distraction that hindered us in more ways than just the defense itself?

-----------------

The HC is the HC and that's it. Buck stops with him, and everyone knows it. Solomon says that fans are jumping on him, but I don't see that mentality on here. Maybe he listens to the radio too much??? People vent about their unmet expectations, and sometimes they revert back to what they know best...and what we know best is that the previous seasons under Kubiak were riddled with uninspired play in key times of the season.

What's unique about THIS season is that we usually fall off in the middle and rise to the occasion at the end of the season when it doesn't matter anymore. This time, the tables are flipped. We're struggling with the last few games that are happening juuuuuuust before a Round 1 wild card playoff game we're locked into.

People are sweating, and it's natural. Not sure why it's bad for any fan to be nervous or to vent and even possibly rail against the HC right now. It comes with the territory. GK has thick skin, thicker than the people criticizing him and thicker than the ones blindly supporting him who aren't happy that he's being scrutinized.
That's all I said. People were sweating. I, like Solomon, thought it was cold. Enough about "trolling" or whatever.

Anyway, I feel like the last two losses were what you see after huge win streaks. I like the Rockets analogy from 2008. After 22 straight Ws, the Rockets were pummeled by Boston, then had a big lead on New Orleans before getting hammered in the 2nd half. They proceeded to win a few more games (even had a nice 5 game win streak) then ran into the WRONG team in round 1 (Jazz; bad, bad match-up).

My thing is now, who's that team that you don't want to run into? At this point, who is that? These 6th seeds, as much as they want to believe we are beatable, they are, too.