View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011   #54
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 223239 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Kubiak Deserve an Extension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I voted "no" because I don't think his body of work justifies keeping him.

The responses to this thread, and this one in particular made me think

I don't think Wade is going anywhere but even if he does you can imagine that more than likely we've seen the last of first time "I think I can do it" DC's around these parts. McNair this year saw results instantly from the arrival of one man who knew what he was doing. Wade told them who he wanted in the draft. Wade told them who he wanted in free agency. Wade coached his defense and Wade changed the entire franchise outlook in the process.

Our biggest problem this season has been injuries and I hold those against no coach. Not even the ones I don't particularly care for. That stuff just happens.

Does anyone think that Wade could leave and that Gary & Rick would be able to go see McNair and say "We know this one guy who used to coach defensive backs at Denver and we think he might make a good DC. He's never done it before but we have a lot of faith in him"?

I don't think that dog is going to hunt anymore. At least I hope to hell it won't.
I said the same thing in an earlier post but you said it better.
The businessman in McNair knows to stick with what has proven to bring results. And that is to hire someone that has been successful as a DC. No more experimenting by bumping up position coaches.

If I were Rick Smith, I'd be a little nervous that the boss had to step in and do a job - hire a very qualified DC - that he should have done years ago. I mean when the boss does your job better than you, why does he really need you?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote