View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011   #52
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Kubiak Deserve an Extension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& the players don't look any different than the players we've gotten in the past. Jj Watt turned out better than Okoye, but as far as type of player I think a description of Watt could result in picking Okoye & a description of Okoye could result in picking Watt.

Brooks Reed, Connor Barwin... what's the difference?

High energy, good character, team leaders..... probably the same description that put Kareem ahead of Kyle Wilson on our draft board.

I doubt there was anyone @Reliant that did not want to target Asomugha, Joseph, Taylor...... in that order.

Weddle & Manning were probably also on that list before Wade got here.

100% agree with this, but I don't think Rick Smith is doing his job any different than before Wade. Sharpton, Dobbins..... look like the same guy to me. Charmichael, McMannis... freak'n twins. McCain/Harris.... not much different.

The 4 players we added to the defense last season aren't much different than the players we've added in years past. Antonio & Watt.... Reed & Barwin... Bodden & Joseph... (Bodden was a pipe dream)... Pollard & Quin... Quin is better in coverage, but we use them virtually the same way.
LOL at this post

Was the Gary/Bush led defense not historically bad last yr? My mind seems to be failing me.

Hasn't Rick and Gary not had 5 yrs together to put together a competent defense. I would say Wade knows how a defense is supposed to work and knows what to look for talent wise to make it work.
Rick and Bush didn't have a clue how to put a defense together. 5 yrs of evidence and 2 DC's tells me this.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote