View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011   #272
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Was the Pats' running game responsible for those huge wins where Brady's passing numbers were fairly flat? Lots of points for Brady not doing spectacular things there. Well, I guess maybe defense was stout and could have had some turnovers and special teams scores and stuff.
My point was that it takes even the great ones time to get up to speed. The sucky ones never do. The jury is still out on where Yates will land. Great? Sucky? Between? Who knows.

As an aside, remember Brady's first playoff game was the Oakland "tuck rule" game. ...just the first of many things that would be ruled in his favor. I wish we had a guardian angel looking out for us

...but I digress, sorry

EDIT: Went back to check. Vs. the Colts, the Pats scored 3 times on the ground and Ty Law had a pick-six in that first Colts game. In rather delightful news (to me) Major Forehead (Manning) was picked off 3 times (including the pick-six).

In his second game, the stats indicate Brady was tentative; 12 of 24 for 87 yds, no TDs or picks. Orrrrr maybe Belichick "had the handcuffs on" his young QB. Or maybe Brady was getting used to the speed of the game and was being cautious. Anyway, the 'Phins' running game controlled the clock and their defense shut down Antowain Smith (10 carries/47 yds/1 TD).