View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011   #264
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I wonder if TJ Yates had a car lifting experience when he led us to the win over the Bengals? Then...with the pressure off, the playoff monkey dislodged from our backs, he plays "down" to his competition for two weeks. Nothing huge is on the line, per se, other than a first round bye. But still, if there's no edge to walk on...then maybe he hasn't found that Tom Brady or Drew Brees-type killer instinct yet.
I think Schaub was doing the same thing. I think, that's what Kubiak wants. He wants to control the ball. If we've got the lead, you're going to see "smart" decisions from the QB, to not put the team in bad situations.

But when we're behind & need a miracle to win, they are told to be less cautious & trust their help.

Matt looked Mundane to start every game last year (remember) then when we got down by two or three scores, the flood gates opened. Like it did in Cincinnati.

I'd much rather Kubiak let them do what they do & work on getting better at it so that we run the score up like the Pats or the Colts (of old) or the Saints.

But he probably won't & right now with Yates, I don't think it's prudent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
What I mean is that Tom Brady took over for Drew Bledsoe in what I think was either the end of the reg season or the first playoff game or something. So he HAD to be "the man" the whole way to the Super Bowl. Tom Brady, IMO, had the "stuff" for sure...but the element he was thrown into, the greatness the moment required of him, it helped make him this legendary beast that defenses fear. And just like in Batman, the bad guys act way different when facing Brady than facing Drew Bledsoe.

TJ Yates is facing that same sort of situation.
Not exactly. That was a much better, a much more balanced team than the one you see today. Tom Brady wasn't spectacular that first Super Bowl (I don't remember) & I don't think much that second one either. Those were pretty good defenses & a ball control offense that won.

It was much later that Tom Terrific expanded his role & became the guy you see today....... same as Ben.