View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011   #263
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I wonder if anybody as a HC can ever truly succeed in Dallas.

I mean, honestly...since Jimmy Johnson left there's been some residue that Switzer inherited and won a Super Bowl with (though I still give the guy a lot of credit, don't get me wrong).

But after that, what's happened there? Jerry Jones has created a situation in Dallas, IMO, where a HC can never be a HC in the truest sense. It's happening a lot in major pro sports leagues--the concept of the authoritative HC being watered down and the inmates running the asylum--but in Dallas, IMO, it's magnified more because of JERRY JONES.
There's no denying they have talent on that team.... from a GM standpoint, I don't know that Dallas can have a better one.

The big problem, in the Wade Phillips era was that there were two teams.. offense & defense. What ever happened, I think it's safe to say that the defense didn't appreciate the way the setup worked as it was the defense that laid down on Wade.... their coach.

There were two teams there, because Jerrah hired the OC before Wade & publicly admitted that he liked Garrett as a possible HC.... Wade was not a strong enough HC for that imo.

We have a similar situation here. It is widely believed that McNair hired Wade & Gary was told to deal with it. Now, we get to see if Gary is a strong enough coach to make it work, make it one team.

As far as defensive play-calls & what not, there is no problem with handing that over to Wade...... it happens all the time. Gary has to make sure practices, meetings, discipline.... all that other stuff teams have to do together all happen the same for every one.

If it ever gets to an offense vs defense situation, it'll fall apart.