View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011   #262
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Again, I think it's part of the process. He's got to do in 3 games what he's done with Matt Schaub over 4 seasons. To throw 15 times in a game & still score 37 points (Bucs) or 23 times & score 41 points (Titans) or like Leinart, throw the ball 13 times & score 17 points in one half against a top 5 defense.

I seriously doubt Kubiak called one short pass (other than a screen) vs Indy. That was Tj. All our 3rd downs were 3rd & Longs. He threw the ball on 6 of them. Ran a draw on one. Another came after a sack. A third he was trying to run the clock out.
We can do extraordinary things when adrenaline is flowing and we know something big is on the line. People lifting cars off of trapped people and stuff.

I wonder if TJ Yates had a car lifting experience when he led us to the win over the Bengals? Then...with the pressure off, the playoff monkey dislodged from our backs, he plays "down" to his competition for two weeks. Nothing huge is on the line, per se, other than a first round bye. But still, if there's no edge to walk on...then maybe he hasn't found that Tom Brady or Drew Brees-type killer instinct yet.

What I mean is that Tom Brady took over for Drew Bledsoe in what I think was either the end of the reg season or the first playoff game or something. So he HAD to be "the man" the whole way to the Super Bowl. Tom Brady, IMO, had the "stuff" for sure...but the element he was thrown into, the greatness the moment required of him, it helped make him this legendary beast that defenses fear. And just like in Batman, the bad guys act way different when facing Brady than facing Drew Bledsoe.

TJ Yates is facing that same sort of situation.