View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011   #40
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Another 10+ win season in 2012 would in my mind confirm that a corner has been turned and then justify a long term extension. another 6-10 or 8-8 road-to-nowhere season would get a firing from me.

I think McNair will extend him though based on this year and the expectation that next season will be another step in the right direction without injuries like we've had this year. He'll base it on the faith he has in Gary which will be a shame (though we all hope he's right and it works out).
This is where we need McNair the businessman to step up. He has the leverage with Kubiak since he is under contract and this is Kubiak's hometown.

What is the upside to extending Kubiak this year, in the absence of not securing Phillips?