View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011   #26
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Kubiak Deserve an Extension?

McNair likes Kubiak. He's getting an extension. I believe McNair is going to see all that Gary has done with all the circumstances this team has faced and will believe Gary is the coach of this team.

Let's all remember what this team has done. It was one of the first teams to clinch a playoff spots. When talking about best records in the AFC we are one of the top 4 teams. Alot of people thought we'd have to back into the playoffs at the beginning of the season BUT we didn't. We aren't a wild card, we are a division champ. We had a 7 game win streak after losing 3 Pro Bowl starters on our team along with a many more key contributors to our team. Other teams with that kind of circumstance fold it up and get ready for next season but Gary showed LEADERSHIP and got us to those wins.

Did he need help? Yes. Is Wade a big reason for Gary's success? Yes. However Gary has done a great job of knowing when Wade's going to win a game and he's not. He did a great job of allowing Wade to get his draft picks to make that defense better vs. being an egotistical head coach that still wanted to draft to make his offense look real good. Sometimes stepping back and letting your people do their job is leadership too.

Then go back and look at what some of the goals were for this team this year.

Get 10 wins - check
Have a winning division record - Check
Sweep Division - no
Playoff Berth - check
Win the division - check
Playoff Bye - no

The two NOs could be because of the circumstances this team has faced though. I'd like to see what Kubiak does with a healthy team now.

I'm sorry but Gary has earned his extension. I'm a guy that wanted him fired last year and didn't think that mixing Wade with Gary would be that much of a turnaround.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote