View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011   #229
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 56366 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I see you like to poke the bear. Funny that you would tag this forum as the "most elitist" that you have ever lurked, but then you join and immediately start talking down to long time members that helped build and make this place what is is today.
So let me get this straight... You consider yourself, and or your little posse "The Bear"? And please enlighten me as to when I talked down to anyone? Was it when I had a differing opinion than this little elite group of yours? Oh and I am pretty sure that more than 5 members of this board made it was it is. Again you make my elitism point.

Quote:
Texan Bill is a solid dude and someone that many of us consider a friend. You will not meet a nicer guy at a tailgate or a bigger Texans fan.
Hey I never said he or you for that matter are not nice guys so stop putting words in my mouth. Just because I am tired of hearing the Kubiak bashing does not make me a bad guy.

Quote:
See, this forum has something interesting going in that it's not a typical internet message board. We know each other in real life. We hold each other accountable simply because we know and see each other and respect each other.
It's my opinion that while you may respect each other, you do not extend that respect to others, especially if they are new and do not belong to your little posse.

Quote:
I have no idea if you have any desire to form true friendships with other Texans fans on this forum. That's your business. But many of us have each other's backs, regardless of how much we might argue and debate around here. In the end, we respect each other, and that is something earned, not bestowed.
When I return back to Houston early 2012, I of course plan to continue my relationships with friends and family in the Houston area. If some from this message board become friends that is great and I look forward to making new connections and developing new relationships. Respect is a two way street and just because you have been on this message board longer than someone else does not mean anyone should give you respect by default. You have to earn your respect also and to suggest anything else is another display of elitism.

Quote:
None of us play the games, make personnel decisions, or call plays. We are merely fans. We react. And we get together on this board to chat about what happened and what might happen, what we perceive, and what we would like or dislike to see.

So yeah, criticism and/or analysis of any given aspect of the Houston Texans is the reason this board exists. Not to gossip or talk trash about each other (unless it's in obvious jest, of course. We do like to have fun with it). If disrespecting people is your thing, perhaps the muddy swampland of the official board is more for you.
You know it is funny, it seems to me that you are the one's calling me names
so I would call that trash talking, and disrespectful. If it were in friendly jest I could understand, but it is clear to me that this posse has circled it's wagons in an attempt to bully me, which is a huge waste of your time. Any clear thinking person can read this thread and see it is you and your posse that are name calling and being disrespectful. Oh and the last thing bolded in the quote above is just another example of your name calling and elitism.

Quote:
There is a reason most of us hang out here. This used to be the official board until the corporate overlords decided otherwise. Through the owner and members of the original Texans Talk and their very gracious invitation, the history migrated here. Perhaps you have no desire for a history lesson. Just comprehend that relationships are deep around these parts, and while we always welcome new folks and outsiders, we can also circle the wagons when required.
Again you assume I am a noob who has never been in Houston or knows anything about this online community. I will ignore that because I know it is another veiled slight of my character based on your assumptions about me.

In regards to corporations you will probably not find anyone who dislikes the corporate world more than me. Having said that, what you have written there shows again that if someone disagrees with you and wants to do things their own way, it warrants name calling.

In regards to your welcome of new people and outsiders as you call them, I do not recall a warm welcome from you, or your posse, so I think you are a bit full of yourself. You have done nothing but name call and make belittling comments and then the rest of your posse chime in with one or two line posts that have nothing to do with the topic just like a bunch of high school kids. Example below. How clever.. no wonder you guys have so many posts. So you are the bear, you are the shark... what else?

Quote:
There is blood in the water...
One thing some who read this thread will notice is, that no matter how high and mighty you might think you are, or how respected you think you are, it's a small handful of people who have your back and chime in and slap you on the back when you name call. The rest not so much. This board is for Texans fans, and I am one of them. If you do not like my posts, put me on ignore, but do not try to bully me or think you can run me off.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz