View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011   #206
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Yeah, but we also don't know how much TJ is shakling himself either. As i've said in other posts , there were clearly times when Yates could've thrown it deep.....or at least deeper than he wound up throwing it, but after his performance in the Carolina game, i wonder if he's starting not to trust what he sees more than he did in the 1st 2 games.

In regards to the bolded....sure, I'm thinking Chris Burke NLCS status for TJ, what do you think?
yeah, true about TJ. We can only speculate if it's the coaches or his own rookieness showing up out there. With a couple of game films on him, no doubt that Carolina and Indy both set their defenses up to exploit his weaknesses accordingly.

The Colts game was weird, because he seemed to lock on to the dump pass pretty quickly at times. Again, we do not know if this is by design or just him getting jumpy with it. I hate to say it, but it sorta' reminded me of David Carr with the dink and dunks. Hard to keep drives alive expecting your receivers to make up all the required yards.

He mostly did three step drops, iirc. That does not lend itself to a deep game. Just not enough time. Perhaps it was a combination of both coaching and player tendency?

Hopefully, AJ will return and open up part of this offense. Defenses have to respect him, even hobbled, and dude's hands aren't hurt. That could really help TJ.

Good comparison with Chris Burke. TJ might end up a starter after Schaub, or he could be like Bucky Richardson with the Oilers back in the day. Immensely popular with fans, but that does not translate to gameday performance.