View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011   #205
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Good post. I think they need to spend some picks on offense next draft, as well. Especially WR and RT.

I hated that Jacoby was re-signed. But, I think they stick with him for at least another year. I will never understand the love affair that they seem to have for him, but it is what it is. Their tendencies have indicated that they always give these type of players the so-called 'benefit of the doubt', and Jones will be no exception to their M.O.

Regarding Andre, he will retire as a Texan. I have absolutely no doubt of this, and McNair will keep him as long as AJ wants to be on the team. Hopefully his worth ethic, often compared to Jerry Rice's, is something that allows him to be productive until his late 30's. And this is just my perception, but I don't think he's got the normal WR ego that puts self ahead of team. So when the time comes for him to step to no. 2 because our new stud bull is hitting his prime, I honestly think he'd do it for the franchise. I could be wrong...dude doesn't tip, you know. (hehe)

I see you like to poke the bear. Funny that you would tag this forum as the "most elitist" that you have ever lurked, but then you join and immediately start talking down to long time members that helped build and make this place what is is today.

Texan Bill is a solid dude and someone that many of us consider a friend. You will not meet a nicer guy at a tailgate or a bigger Texans fan.

See, this forum has something interesting going in that it's not a typical internet message board. We know each other in real life. We hold each other accountable simply because we know and see each other and respect each other.

I have no idea if you have any desire to form true friendships with other Texans fans on this forum. That's your business. But many of us have each other's backs, regardless of how much we might argue and debate around here. In the end, we respect each other, and that is something earned, not bestowed.

None of us play the games, make personnel decisions, or call plays. We are merely fans. We react. And we get together on this board to chat about what happened and what might happen, what we perceive, and what we would like or dislike to see.

So yeah, criticism and/or analysis of any given aspect of the Houston Texans is the reason this board exists. Not to gossip or talk trash about each other (unless it's in obvious jest, of course. We do like to have fun with it). If disrespecting people is your thing, perhaps the muddy swampland of the official board is more for you.

There is a reason most of us hang out here. This used to be the official board until the corporate overlords decided otherwise. Through the owner and members of the original Texans Talk and their very gracious invitation, the history migrated here. Perhaps you have no desire for a history lesson. Just comprehend that relationships are deep around these parts, and while we always welcome new folks and outsiders, we can also circle the wagons when required.

There is blood in the water...

Good takes. However, I think the problem with putting shackles on Yates last game was that it seemed to undermine what he appeared to be in his two wins. He engineered late game drives, and obviously the game against the Bengals will cement his legacy as a Texan regardless of what happens to his career after this point.
Yeah, but we also don't know how much TJ is shakling himself either. As i've said in other posts , there were clearly times when Yates could've thrown it deep.....or at least deeper than he wound up throwing it, but after his performance in the Carolina game, i wonder if he's starting not to trust what he sees more than he did in the 1st 2 games.

In regards to the bolded....sure, I'm thinking Chris Burke NLCS status for TJ, what do you think?