View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011   #202
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 381193 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
There were 4 instances when we were third & long & ran the ball.

1) I think was our first 3rd & 14. We opted to run the draw. I didn't have a problem with running a draw at that time. I've heard many times when our fans wonder why we don't run more draws & screens. Granted, they probably weren't talking about 3rd & 14..... but I've seen the draw ran hundreds of times in this same situation, so I had no problem with it here.

2) After one of the nastier sacks, we were 3rd & 9 (I think) we ran the ball again out of the shotgun. The defense was spread out, we had a 5 on 5 situation up front (on the OL) you'd think we would be able to get a big run given that we've got the best running back in the league & possibly the best OL.

3) The last 3rd & long situation. Indy started using their time outs with 3:26 left in the game. They had just used their last time out & we were 26 seconds away from the 2 minute warning. I think he ran the ball there, to get us to the 2 minute warning...... then we kicked a field goal.

4) I did not locate & watch the fourth instance, so I really don't know.
There was a 3rd & 8 when we were inside the ten. It was the 1st or 2nd possession after the fumble. I think that might have played into the decision not to pass out of the endzone.