View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011   #199
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think this team would go to another level all together if we draft two receivers that bumps KDub down to the 4th receiver. Straight up cut Jacoby or keep him for punt returns only.
Yup.

And let me save you the contemplation on Jacoby. He needs to go bye-bye. And I was one of his staunchest supporters this summer. He is unreliable in route running, a factor that was magnified once we lost AJ and JJ had to step into a more prominent role out there.

I am concerned about QB, though. You can have a great WR and he can be neutralized if the QB can't get him the ball. Is Yates the future? I'm not so sure right now. He needs a full camp and reps as #1 or #2 with starters. He needs more preseason games. He needs more regular season games. Is he an Aaron Rodgers type prospect? I don't know. Then again, I always thought Aaron Rodgers to be a risky move by the Packers...and all he did was rise up and win a title with them.

This offense, via AJ and Schaub injuries, has to have adequate players at those two positions or we'll be a second-tier AFC team that is always knocking on the door of "elite" upper-tier AFC team status. IMO.