View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011   #188
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
The last drive aside, i know at least 1 of those bogus calls were the chief reason the colts got to put at least 3 pts on the board. That's the difference in the game right there. Then when you factor all the other junk calls/no calls in it just gets ridiculous. So yeah, we could've played better, but the refs did their best to keep us from winning that game.

Also, the bolded makes zero sense. If by opening up the offense more you mean going down field more & running 5 wides & the like, how was that supposed to happen & them be successful when you already acknowledge the OL couldn't even protect Yates running more fortified sets? The guy got sacked on a 3 step drop for christ sakes. All the above was gonna do was get him lit up even more or have him creating turnovers via the sack fumble (which freeney & Mathis specialize in) or throwing a pick...like he did against Carolina.
Well fine then, so you're suggesting that it was impossible to throw down the field because you're O line is complete shit than is what you're saying and you can't even trust them at all. Is that where we're at now, because I remember all year hearing this O line get a lot of praise. When you're trying to win a game you have to have some confidence in your team to make plays. You're talking as if it was a given that it would have been a sack if Yates would have been able to throw down the field. Sorry, but that's exactly what I'm talking about when people say "playing to lose" and playing like a "turtle." And I was referring more to Kubiak's turtle approach of running the ball on 3rd down when you need a first down. That's always pathetic. Throw the damn ball and give your offense a chance to move the chains. By running the ball you're essentially saying that we're going to punt and try to let our defense win this game for us. Unless your offense is inside their own 5 on 3rd down I'll never excuse running the ball on 3rd and long.