View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011   #179
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
In hine sihght i was done with gary two years ago. So what gives?
W-Ls are important. They're most important.

Building a team is very important as well. If you've ever been a team leader, you know this. You can't just throw a bunch of guys in a room, call them a team. In that case, all you have is a bunch of guys who work together.

I mentioned before how amazing I think Gary has done in building a real team here in Houston. They didn't have a lot of wins, but man for man they communicated the same message time & time again. To me, that shows control of the locker room, which a lot of "coaches" simply don't have.

The way the team has never quit & the way they seem to appear to continue to buy what Kubiak is selling are other hints that he is doing something very well that few coaches are able to do.

Still don't equal wins, & wins are most important.

But ever since Kubiak got here, I (for some reason) had illusions of a dynasty.

So far, everything I've seen in the last 5.9 years has me thinking that we have a very, very solid foundation of a dynasty.

Is this a dynasty?

I don't know. But I'm anxious to see how this year turns out & next (we all know he's going to be here). If we go far (which we know by all counts we'll be lucky to get out of the first round) both this year & next (If I were McNair I wouldn't extend Kubiak's contract until we lock up a play-off spot next season) then I think we'll be on our way to a pretty good start.