View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011   #445
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
He's turned into a solid enough player after a few seasons. He wasn't worth his pick when we drafted him, and that's why it's a bad pick. He was more of a developmental pick than anyone is saying. He's a solid player but it was a bad pick. You take those guys in the 3rd round or so. Patriots with Ryan Mallet, Texans with Seth Wand. Thankfully we had Alex Gibbs to teach Brown. Competent coaching helps, because Brown was no better of a prospect coming out than Seth Wand. When there is a name attached to what I've been saying for years, I hope it makes sense to some people. You don't draft Seth Wand in the first round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I've been wrong about plenty. He's not a "good" LT. He's good enough. He's someone the Texans should have no hesitation to draft over if a LT is available.
LMAO..

I came in here to bump this thread and forgot it was already bumped earlier in the season....was even more shocked to see you were still bashing the pick clearly after it become apparent that Duane Brown was a HELLUVA good pick.

So are you finally able to admit that you were wrong about the caliber of player Brown is and how you completely over blew his "project status". Duane Brown was never even really a project player. He was a player that needed to get his stamina up to the NFL level and a player that had to grow into the league....just like every other player that gets drafted.

Didn't you say you were going to school to be a scout? ...I wonder how that's working out.

Anyways this thread is funny and they're are some ridiculous responses in it. I loved how the great Texan online jersey thief was ready to jump off a ledge right after the pick was made. I'm sure he's posting under another alias now and wonder how he feels about the pick now. Maybe he can order me one of Brown's jerseys??? It'll be C.O.D. for sure though.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 12-28-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote