View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011   #170
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Questionable calls helped the Colts at key moments for sure, but that was certainly not "why we lost." It played a factor, but what played a factor the most was not allowing enough time for Yates on certain pass plays, Kubiak not opening up the offense a little more and especially on 3rd down, and our defense not holding their offense at the end of the game. The defense had a difficult task on their hands in that game though by being on the field as much as they were.
I refuse to blame the refs when this team failed to get a 3rd down conversion until the fourth quarter, and that was on one of those loony NFL Films bouncing ball mishaps.

I certainly understand the ref argument, so I'm not being obtuse. I'm just not going to say that is the reason why the Texans lost. A factor...perhaps, but there is clear evidence that supports the penalties. The NFL is not afraid to admit that they were wrong in a call, and I have yet to read their admittance for that game.

Just a difference of opinion, though. As always, respectfully agree to disagree in the end.