View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: So, we’re back to jumping on Gary Kubiak again? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
See what the Green Bay Packers and New England Patriots are doing this year with horrid defenses and you get my point that the Texans’ high-powered offense last year wasn’t nearly the great offense most made it out to be. Even with a terrible defense, better coaching last year would have delivered something better than a 6-10 record.
I was saying this all year last year. But "everyone" was like, "you can't expect your offense to score 30 points every game"

Why not.

Of course the answer is that we aren't & never was an elite offense. PurtEdamnGud, but not elite.

I saw an interesting statement last night when I rewatched the Panthers game. Gary Kubiak is the only coach in the last 5 years to have the Rushing, Passing, & Receiveing leaders on the same team. May not have been all on the same year, but.. if you've got a QB that can lead the league in passing, a receiver that can lead the league in receiving, and a RB who can lead the league in rushing...... why can't you score 30 at will?

Why can't you score 21 at will? If our offense could have done that, our defense could have looked a lot better.

If they could have just stayed on the field, our defense would not have been such a liability.

This year, we've got the defense to back it up & we can play a ball control offense. But last year.... last year, we needed to get on the board early & often.