View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011   #116
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Some coaches are good at acquiring talent. Other coaches excel at doing something meaningful with that talent. The great ones are good at both aspects.

So far, Kubiak has shown to be a good OC and offensive talent evaluator. As a HC, his history has clearly been mediocre, and by the grace of Wade, above average this season.
That's why I said the combo is what's working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
As far as the Landry angle, I think comparing modern head coaches to pre-Super Bowl coaches is misguided and ultimately intellectually vacant. It's a different league today.

Plus, Landry was a football genius. Let's just leave him up high where he belongs and keep him out of the comparisons with mere mortals like Gary Kubiak.
You just made the same comparison when you said...

Landry = football genius
Kubiak = mere mortal

I happen to agree that Landry was a "football genius"; albeit moreso defensively than offensively. My point was that it took even he a while to assemble a winning team.

And just because a point doesn't support your side of the discussion doesn't make it "misguided and ultimately intellectually vacant". Without any supporting points that explain why you believe that to be the case that statement is no more than a weak brush off.

Nice avatar, by the way. Rep for the HHGttG reference.
"Don't Panic".... Very appropriate.