View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011   #77
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiaks top Priority Sunday: Beat Titans or rest Starters for W-C Playoff game ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Not a crisis of leadership, but it's pretty clear that Kubiak doesn't trust T.J. as much as is needed. You don't run the ball on 3rd and 15, 3rd and 8, etc if you trust your QB and when you demonstrate that you don't that sends a message to the rest of the team and perhaps more importantly, the opposing team. It's not hard to shut down a great running game when you know that the coach gets squeamish at the idea of throwing the ball around. Make no mistake, I'm 100% behind T.J. - but if Kubiak isn't then he needs to cut his losses and put someone in who he is behind. Presumably, this would be Delhomme...god help us.

Furthermore, as you mentioned, the pass blocking from the right side of the line was awful in the last game and I'm sure that didn't do T.J. any favors. None-the-less, you can't play this game afraid of someone getting injured. It's just something that happens and if you're a truly great team you overcome it. Ideally, we would have realized that the line-up we had at oline wasn't working and tried some sort of adjustment at half-time, but that's for another thread. Simply put, you don't shut it down unless it's an emergency situation (after Leinart goes down in Jacksonville, for example).

As far as the WRs go, we're only down one guy. AJ aside, we need more than one WR to be truly successful in the passing game regardless of who's behind center. You can pin this one on Kubiak too, but that's also for another thread.

And finally, yes Yates is a 5th round rookie who will need long term work. I don't think anyone believes that he's the second coming of Brady, but he has shown potential and, unless you want to send Delhomme or a geriatric Jeff Garcia under center, he's all we got.

Well, there aren't many plays for 3rd & 15, the prudent thing to do at that point probably was to just run it & play the field position game. 3rd & 8, ok you can throw the ball....but you've got a guy in the backfield who was absolutley gashing the colts run defense & honestly when you take that into consideration, you could go either way. In any case, i don't think any of that was about trusting Yates. Probably had more to do with getting the ball in your best playmaker's hands.

But Lol at the bolded, you make it sound like AJ is just another run of the mill guy out there. Dude is arguably the best in the league & teams are aware of him at all times, that's not exactly something to be taken for granted. i do feel Yates has good repore with Walter, but without the spacing that AJ creates for him, he can't get open..this has been known for a while now.

All that being said, i don't think there's an unwillingness to work other WR's in, they just aren't good enough. More importantly, i don't think that this translates into Kubiak not trusting Yates...Maybe Yates just doesn't trust them.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote