View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011   #73
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiaks top Priority Sunday: Beat Titans or rest Starters for W-C Playoff game ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
It isn't about good stats or even TJ looking stellar, per se. It's about opening up the playbook for TJ and letting him settle into his role, at least for our playoff run, as the leader on the field. There is evidence that there is a lack of cohesiveness with the offense that needs to be resolved before the post-season. The results are going to be worse in the long run if we send TJ into the playoffs feeling like Kubiak and, by proxy, the team has no faith in him. I wouldn't care if he only threw the ball 15 times so long as the game plan places some sort of confidence in his ability to lead the team.
I haven't heard anything coming from Kirby that says there's a crisis of leadership with Yates on the field.

I also don't think the playbook is nearly as closed as you all seem to think. In any case it was a collective handcuffing job by all parties involved. In the colts game there were clearly times where Yates could've aired it out deep, he just didn't; i know at least twice the commentators mentioned that "he wanted to go deep there". That's typical of rookie qb play as they typically do come in too skittish & don't trust what they see. And after the worst game of his career against Carolina where he threw some costly picks, I think he just handcuffed himself a bit in the colts game.

The other end of it is Winston & Caldwell were getting their lunches ate by Mathis & Anderson respectively. From a coaches perspective Why would you continue to have the last qb you have left who's been in your system all year, take 5 & 7 step drops to throw downfield if its so apparent that your line can't protect him? He'd already had a strip sack by Mathis & the game could've easily gotten out of hand if too much of that started happening.

Moreover, why would you want him throwing the ball up for grabs to the likes of Jones who at times can barely catch balls from 10 yds out? Those types of plays are reserved for the AJ's & CJ's of the league & we all know Jones is no where near that.

So yeah, there was some handcuffing by kubes in the colts game but it was more about protecting him above everything else.

You guys have to keep in mind that this guy is a 5th round draft pick & was a 3rd string for a reason as he was not expected to contribute this year at all. That means that he's likely going to need more work than normal to see if he's even capable of playing in this league.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote