View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011   #102
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Below is a perfect example of what you are talking about. No question no matter what they do someone is always raising the bar when it suits them.
Ummm, no

I've always set the bar high. In fact I started calling for Garys firing after the 2009 9-7 season against a cream puff schedule that was championed as some sort of breakthrough season.

Without Manning the Texans should've made the playoffs this yr with or without Wade. Although if the past 2 games are any evidence they probably wouldn't have made them.

See the difference between guys like guys like us are, I'm a win at all cost guy and you aren't. Making the playoffs and having a great game day experience is enough for some. For some it's not.

There's nothing wrong with either way of thinking. Mediocrity is fine for some and I didn't reset the bar. Or expect the Texans to win a SB this yr even with Schaub.

What I do expect is for Gary to run an offense that doesn't resemble a bad high school offense even with Yates at QB. I really thought Gary had made progress this yr. But without Wade the Gary led Texans appear to be SOS. Leopards cant seem to change their stripes. It probably will always be this way under Gary. (Conservative to a fault)

Oh well it looks like atleast three more yrs of conservative football. I can wait Gary out (Health and the good lord willing) because there will surely be more fail in Garys future if Wade gets a HC gig, which will probably happen sometime in the next 3 yrs.

Even you have to admit that after almost 6 yrs Gary isn't very good at his job as HC (Not OC) of the Texans. Either that or you've been blinded by blatant homerism.