View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011   #94
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Personally, I think you're in a losing argument with some folks. They'll continue to move the bar.
I'll admit to moving the bar.

The bar in 2006 was anything better than 2 wins.

In 2006, we got 6 wins.

Fantastic! That's a 4 game improvement. We can build on that.

I'm raising the bar here.

In 2007, we got 8 wins.

That's acceptable. I was hoping for a winning season, but 2 games is definitely an improvement. We can build on that.

In 2008, we got 8 wins.

Hmmmm..... Well, it's not a step back, so we'll call it a mulligan. We can build on that.

I guess I'm keeping the bar where it was now.

In 2009, we got 9 wins.

Well, it's definitely a step forward, but I would have thought that in the 4th year we'd have broken through and gone to the playoffs. But....... We can build on that.

In 2010, we got 6 wins.

Am I still raising the bar here in expecting more than six wins after the fifth season?

In 2011, with Wade Phillips, a cheesecake schedule and Peyton Manning in a wheelchair, we have 10 wins and our first division championship.

But we just lost to the worst team in the league, so there is nobody realistically expecting anything in the playoffs.

Is this raising the bar?

Nobody has raised the bar to unrealistic expectations.

In 2011 we're finally getting what we should have gotten in 2007 or 2008 or 2009 or 2010.