View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011   #21
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 14 Texan Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Which is precisely the reason I think the Texans need to draft a WR in the 1st or trade back in to the later 1st or early 2nd round. I don't think they just need to find a replacement for Walter or Jacoby, I think they need to start grooming AJ's successor! Somebody like Jones or McNutt could be groomed for AJ's position while playing in Walter's or Jacoby's position now. Fuller would probably not even replace Jacoby on the depth chart. Walter and AJ will both be 31 next year with 10 years in the NFL. How long can they hold up? They may need to get 2 WR's in this draft!
Been there done that. The key piece of puzzle will be free agency. If texans can address WR early in FA it would take pressure off forcing a high pick or multiple picks. I fully expect Rick Smith to come through & address this need setting the table for another soild draft like this one

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote