View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011   #83
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Here's the reality of the situation (It ain't pretty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktexan68 View Post
The hard cold truth is that the injuries have finally caught up with us. As a 10 year season ticket holder, I'm pretty bitter about this year. We finally have a winning team and because of all these injuries, I can't even enjoy it. What have we done to deserve this? I do think the future looks pretty bright but you never know what will happen from year to year. I sure hope we don't lose Wade.
It's the coaches job to deal with injuries. So I don't cry when we've experienced them. I expect a good coach to be able to pick it up & move on.

I don't think we should have gone undefeated. I really don't put a number on "acceptable" losses until the play-off picture is clear.

We clinched our division at week 14, giving us three weeks to prepare for the play-offs. Working on controlling the game & getting better at what we do. I don't think we should be "experimenting" with personnel or fantasy numbers or turning our rookie 5th round scout team QB into Aaron Rogers.

Think about how we won 7 in a row, that's who we are, that's what we need to perfect. That's the game plan we'll impose our will on play-off teams.

While I don't think the injuries have caught up with us, I do think we had trouble getting Caldwell up to game speed. Eric Winston giving up the sack & hold to his inside may have been because he was expecting Caldwell there. There was another sack where it appears Vickers thought Caldwell was getting beat on the inside so he ran into Yates as he was attempting to throw, causing Tj to pull the ball down & get sacked. Several of our runs, it looked as if Caldwell incorrectly identified the player he needs to block, causing a free runner to the RB.

Caldwell gets better, this team gets a lot better.

Or if Brisiel comes back as strong as Danieal did.