View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011   #16
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Texans lose to the Titans I'm calling it a season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Totally agree. Every game since we clinched in Cincy should have been preparation for teaching this new team(because this is not the team that won 10 games) how to win in the post season.

I've never coached football, but I've coached plenty of team sports, while winning is always important, learning to play the game at the highest level always takes priority.

When the games matter, you put it all on the line. When they don't you work on perfecting your system. That's why teams like the Colts can go 0 fer in the preseason & kick ass in the regular season.

& that's what I've been seeing in the way we have played the last 4 games. All this, "air it out to see what we got" talk is non-sense. They know what we got & trying to make the best of it. They let him throw the ball when we needed to, they let him manage the game when that was what was needed.

Stat wise, that wasn't a great game for Tj Yates, but it was a solid game & he put our team in position to win.

This is also game management practice for Kubiak, Lord knows he needs the practice. He took what the game gave him & didn't do anything stupid like I think he did in the Bengals game, putting us in a bad position where Tj had to win the game for us.

I feel much better about our chances of winning in the post season when Tj's pass attempts are in the low 20s than if they are in the high 30s.
I agree, but dont you think that us trying to secure a bye week was important ? You can count the bye week as a win, cause you get to skip the 1st round of the play-offs.

But on your last part. I wouldnt say i feel much better about our chances of winning with him only attempting around 20 pass attempts. If we have a healthy AJ to go along with our running game, i would like to see us get a commanding lead whether it comes from pass or run. a 50.50 balance will keep the opposing D honest and will give us the best shot to put up a lot of point IMO