Thread: O-line time?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82375 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O-line time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
How bout a new RT in the 2nd round? Who you got?

It's been discussed before, moving Winston to RG, moving Brisiel and Caldwell to backups, and improving the RT with someone new and more athletic. This one move would improve 3 areas of the O-line.
If you want a OT in this draft that can start right away then you're going to have to spend your 1st rd pick on a guy like Mike Adams. He may not even be there when the Texans are picking late in the 1st because of the need for LT's.

I think Adams will be a better RT, the's very strong and has very long arms.

The next tackle that should be in the Texans draft range late in the 2nd should be Levi Adcock, Andrew Datko and Nate Potter.

But there are some very good developmental guys like Tony Bergstrom and Matt McCants who are kind of developmental guys who should be available in Rds 3/4. If It was me I would move Winston inside to OG and if healthy start Butler at RT and draft a Bergstrom/McCants to develop.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote