View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004   #8
titan21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I guess we will find that out as the year progresses.

Kearse had 14 starts for you guys last year. I remember being all over the field when the Texans played in Nashville last year. Then there's some guy named Robaire Smith. Hall is good but your quality depth just got a lot shallower with all the rooks backing up on the DL. One or more may come through for you. Then there's Sirmon who was your starting OLB. I wouldn't say your running game got stronger without Eddie but between Brown and Smith, they should be able to match his production with no problem. Smith has never been a vocal leader (as was Eddie) so there's a few intangibles at work there as well.
kearse had 9 1/2 sacks last season, good but replaceable..as for smith i dont agree he is a loss at all...look at it, every year well let a good dt go fisk, thorton, ford to name a few and we always find replacing them fairly easily.. although i think robaire is a great dt i think in our system he will be replaced fairly easy. as far as kearse goes, i would be lying if i said he is no loss, however we have played a whole season and parts of two others without him and done great...kevin carter is going in the middle to replace smith, i would say that is an excellent replacement. eddies 3.3 ypc is not worth keeping him around regardless of leadership, their are plenty of veterans that can take over that leadership role.

Last edited by titan21; 08-06-2004 at 01:56 AM.
titan21 is offline   Reply With Quote