View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011   #57
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Here's the reality of the situation (It ain't pretty)

I think we're done. We won the South, and that's a good start to a better future for us. The "can we get to the playoffs???" monkey is off our backs, too.

The offense looked awful. All the shit that has happened has, IMO, taken its toll on our whole team. Well, I think MAYBE the defense is still trying to beast mode out there (Credit given to JJ Watt, Cushing, Reed, Ryans, hell all of them minus Kareem Jackson).

Our offense looks like they're happy we're locked into the playoffs no matter what we do the rest of the way. Correction: GARY KUBIAK looks like he's happy we're locked into the playoffs no matter what we do the rest of the way. We're just glad to be there! Winston is sucking really hard. And has for the past 8 games or so, with increasing suckage as the season plods along.

I don't know if Wade's surgery was real or not. In this day and age, I don't know what to believe anymore. But I do know THIS: That defense plays better, and tends to be put in the better position on the majority of plays in a game when Wade Phillips is on the sideline. It just looks and feels differently since he's been gone the past two weeks.

There was no End Zone targeted passes. There was not even any real vertical passing attempts. Yates looks good when he's rolling out. Looks shaky when he's standing in the pocket.

Orlovsky, who couldn't find his helmet last year, was hitting slants and back-shoulder comeback routes like crazy. He found a rhythm and he went to work on us. The Colts knew to target Wayne on KJ in the back corner of the end zone on a game-winning pass just like the Falcons did. But for some reason, the Texans defensive staff (chiefly Vance Joseph) cannot foresee this same scenario happening over and over like Groundhog Day. WTF? Geez.

Right Tackle, QB, and WR are very important draft day needs in rounds 1 through 3. For every ball Yates rifles into Dreessen or Walter's hands, he's goofing up and sacking himself or whatever. Winston is blowing hard. And without Andre Johnson, there's no deep threat.

Is OSU's Blackmon worth trading our first round pick, and maybe even MORE to get that guy? I don't see any other beastly WRs (in the Andre Johnson role) except that guy. He's big, fast, freakishly gifted.