Thread: O-line time?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011   #5
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O-line time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I think we'll have a decent shot at all 3 of the players you listed. Also I'm not talking about drafting backups, I'm talking selecting better quality starters and letting our current starters vastly improve our depth. If we take Zeitler in the 2nd I think he could start in place of Brisiel or Caldwell thus giving us a better starter and improved backups. Again O-linemen aren't sexy picks but a couple studs up front would help alot and most O-linemen have long lasting careers. I just think it's time we spend some high picks on an area of the team that seems to get overlooked.
If they draft an OG early I think it will be to replace Wade Smith, not Brisiel. Wade will be 31 next year entering his 10th season. Say what you want about Brisiel but they haven't won a game since he went down. I know, after watching last night's game, it looked like they were having more success running to the left with Brown and Smith than to the right with Winston and Caldwell, but I still think, if they draft an OG in the 2nd or 3rd, it will be to replace Wade. Also, we still have Shelley Smith sitting on IR and a few others on the roster (Austin Thomas, Andrew Gardner, and Howard Barieri) that could factor in to their decision making. JMHO.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote