View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011   #24
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24103 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seed #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Good story. You got to see the awesomeness of Andre Johnson and the catch and Ali-esque celebration afterwards. Gosh I miss watching him play. I don't have the picture on my phone , but I feel someone should post it.

I am not cultured or worldly enough to know the difference in accents in Italians. I just hear the bad sterotypical "that's a spicy meatball!" Sorry and no offense.
Non taken, btw I think that probably is the accent from sicily... but I'm not sure
For what I know a lot of the stereotypes the US have about Italy are the same stereotypes Northern Italy has about Southern Italy

I also have some problems with US accents... but I think I can find more or less the difference between the "classic" new york - tv series accent and the ones in the south, like Brad Pitt in Inglorious Bastards or the whole town in True Blood... (Or sheldon's mother haha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Thats awesome! I think I will pick a soccer club to follow the same way! Any suggestions?
well, my first advice would be "do not start following soccer"
I mean, in Italy 95% of sport is soccer, everybody follows it, it is everywere

I never liked soccer but now that I follow football, soccer sickens me.
I can't help it, the problem is that with that kind of play the referee must decide "live" and there's a lot of personal interpretations to the rules with the result that nobody is happy with the decisions taken by the referee...

Also players have the really really really bad and 'unsportsmanlike' habit to dive in order to trick the referee to assign a foul.

I've seen players diving without any contact, and that is the worst thing you can see watching a sport that is supposed to give you fun.

That said, if you already like soccer or want to see for yourself what it is about I put here some wikipedia link of championships you can check
Then from there you can find the list of teams and do the same thing I did...

for the Italian highest championship (Serie A)
link: h**p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serie_A

for the European highest championship for clubs (UEFA Champions League)
link: h**p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League

for the World highest championship for national teams (FIFA World Cup)
h**p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup

I put the last one in bold because I actually like the World Cup...
In fact here, with exceptions, the down sides of soccer are lighter than in the other cases, mainly because there are national teams instead of clubs.

You can also find the US national soccer team, but the world cup takes place only once in four years... so I don't know if you can find a lot of those.

Hope that helped, let me know what you will eventually choose.
Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote