View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011   #33
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Priority needs for 2012 Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I'm assuming Wade likes smaller nose tackles since we have Mitchell as our current NT and he's only 289-lbs. If so, how about a guy like Billy Winn from Boise St. who plays in a nickel defense but also has experience in a 3-4 scheme?
I don't think Wade would necessarily go after a smaller NT, but I don't think he wouldn't either. As for Winn, I think he is better suited as a DE in a 3-4, like I think Mitchell is. Not saying they both can't play NT in a 3-4, but I think they are better suited at DE. Having said that, I think/hope the Texans will look for someone like Derek Wolfe from Cincinnati to fill their NT needs. He's listed at 6' 5" and 302 lbs and has a "relentless motor." Sound familiar? Watt and Reed anyone....
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote