View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011   #13
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seed #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
HAHAHAHA I totally agree with you!

thanks to everyone for the welcome

first of all I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm from the northern part of Italy (near venice) so probably the little italian voice in your heads is different from mine, that is because America's idea of Italians is mainly derived from the southern part of the country

This question has a very strange answer:
I discovered I like Football last year when I saw the SB (colts vs saints)
Then I decided I wanted to follow the regular season, for my luck it was already october so the season (2010-2011) was at the beginning (week 5)

I went to wikipedia and I opened the pages of every team in the NFL

Then more or less at random I closed the tabs of the teams that did not impressed me, for stupid reasons like the symbol or the color of the uniform

Actually there was a lot of randomness

Then with the few teams left I readed some news on the wiki page, in the end there were left only Bengals, Ravens and Texans

Finally I choose the texans because I was born in 4-27 so I'm a Taurus like Toro the mascotte (april-born Taurus like me), also Toro in Italian is the word for Bull/Taurus...

The first Texans game I watched was the 2010-2011 week 2 come back win against washington, that is as today one of the most exciting games I've seen

I hope you like my little story of how I became a Texans' fan
First a hardy welcome to you.

Second, where do you live? I am in the Air Force and was stationed at Aviano from 1993-1996. It's where I met my wife (also in the Air Force at the time). I lived in Porcia near Pordenone.

I will say that Northern Italy is my favorite place to be. We've even discussed retiring there.

Again welcome.

Also, I was at that Washington game, it was my first live Texans game.