View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011   #112
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shockey calls out Texans - they don't love America!

John - I love your column, but with due respect, Shockey is right. I have been a season ticket holder from Day 1 with the Texans. Several games ago, my kids pointed out that while the visiting Steelers were lined up in a straight line standing at attention for the anthem, the Texans players were strewn all over the place, many talking and not even paying attention. I have observed the exact same "unpatriotic" behavior in the home team in every game since. I am not denying the points you make about Mr. McNair and our Texans, but you would be wise to listen to Shockey's criticism and observe for yourself before blindly criticizing Shockey - even if he is a really easy target! While he is usually an ***** when he opens his mouth, this time he called a spade a spade. While our guys are good American men and great football players on most days, we can clearly improve. Please call on Gary and the guys to get their "anthem act" together in the future!
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...less-comments/
FWIW - comments from a reader in John McClains blog about the subject.
Myself, I don't really know because I've not attended a Texans game in person for some time.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote